he technology leader and global manufacturer of KVM andPro AV connectivity solutions, today announced the expansion of its enterprise KVM solutions line with the launch of a new series of Secure KVM switches. The 18 new secure KVM switches are compliant with PSS PP v3.0 (Protection Profile for Peripheral Sharing Switch, Version 3.0) and certified by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) to ensure high-level desktop security, protection, and data safekeeping for organizations in industries such asgovernment agencies (e.g. Department of Defense, Department of Justice, CIA, military, etc.), finance, and other environments using multiple computers with different security classifications.
ATEN’s new PSS PP V3.0 Secure KVM Switches provide isolation between computer sources and peripherals while sharing a single keyboard, mouse, monitor, speaker set, and Common Access Card (CAC) reader between connectedcomputers with various security classifications. Compliance with PSS PP v3.0 ensures peripheral sharing capabilities provide maximum user data security when switching port focus, preventing unauthorized data flows or leakage betweenconnected sources. Key protections include isolation and unidirectional data flow, restricted peripheral connectivity and filtering, user data protection, configurable device filtering and management, and tamper-proof design, keeping sensitive assets isolated and providing advanced security and a user-friendly design for instantly secure deployment.
ATEN’s new PSS PP V3.0 Secure KVM Switches support multiple customer demands with options including 2-port, 4-port, and 8-port models, and video interfaces including DisplayPort*, HDMI, and DVI. The ATEN series of Secure KVM Switches also provides customers with the flexibility to connect single or dual displays, providing up to 4K UHD (3840 × 2160 @30Hz) video quality.
*Console video output of DisplayPort models is converted to HDMI
Key features of ATEN Secure KVM Switches include:
· Superior Video Quality — Supports resolutions up to 3840 x 2160@30Hz with crystal clear image quality.
· Secure Port Switching — Port selection via pushbutton only to enhance security.
· Data Channel Isolation — Isolated channel per port to prevent data leakage between connected computers.
· Restricted USB Connectivity — Non-authorized HIDs (Human Interface Devices) or non-predefined CAC devices will be rejected/ignored.
· User Data Protection — Keyboard/Mouse data buffer is automatically purged when switching KVM port focus.
· Configurable Device Filtering — USB CAC Port can be configured to allow/reject whitelisted/blacklisted devices via admin logon function or Windows-based application.
· Administrator Configuration and Event Log Functions — User friendly interface for authorizedadministrator to audit critical KVM operation logs and perform KVM switch configuration.
· Always-on Tamper-proof Design — The KVM switch becomes inoperable when physical tampering is detected.
“Cybersecurity attacks are increasing each year. With this in mind, the government requires reassurance that if a peripheral sharing switch or KVM is compromised, no usable data can be stolen from the device,” said Aaron Johnson, KVM product manager at ATEN Technology, Inc. “PSS PP V3.0 certified products ensure that data leakage will not occur when switching between ports or classified to unclassified computers. ATEN’s new PSS PP V3.0 Secure KVM Switch series limits the connection of devices at the desktop level, ensuring secure remote authentication and access that meet U.S. government and military mandates.”