The digital snake audio processor unit expands the line-up by offering a 24 input x 16 output analog and 8 input x 8 output digital, for a total of 32 input and 24 output channels. In addition to the analog and digital I/O the S-2416 has two REAC ports enabling the ability to cascade an additional snake for expanded I/O or for a fully redundant, zero-loss audio back-up solution. In addition, the discrete mic preamps are newly developed high-grade ensuring highest-quality uncolored sound. Input via AES is assigned to channels 25 through 32 and output is selectable by a mode switch. When combined with analog input and output, the S-2416 can achieve up to 32 inputs and 24 outputs.
The S-2416 supports a high bit rate of 24 bits and a high sampling rate of 96 kHz. A mode switch enables selection of 96 kHz, 48 kHz, or 44.1 kHz, when the S-2416 is switched to Clock master mode. The unit is also equipped with word-clock input and output connectors (BNC) for supplying a master clock signal when using the AES/EBU connection.
- 24 input x 16 output analog + 8 input x 8 output digital
- 2 REAC ports to either cascade additional snake or for redundant connection
- Newly developed high-grade mic preamps
- 4U adjustable front or rear rack-mount design
- Supports 24-bit 96kHz, 48kHz, or 44.1 kHz sample rates
- Word clock in and out
- Remote control via any V-Mixer console, R-1000, S-4000R dedicated remote unit, and S-4000 RCS via USB (Windows/Mac)